Sunday, November 9, 2008

A little corny...

Ok, those of you who know me know that I get very passionate about things in my life. Well, I started working for Starbucks about three weeks ago and I just did my final training class today at the training center downtown and I learned soooo much about the company I work for. It's gonna sound totally corny but Starbucks REALLY does do alot for the world! One example, they have this thing called the Cup Fund, basically it is a way of donating a certain dollar amount of your pay check to the fund and Starbucks gives money to employees in need from that. Well, when hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans Starbucks used money from that fund to help the employees that were left without homes by giving them Visa gift cards to help pay for living expenses. Another example was an employee broke her leg and was unable to work for three months, she got money from the fund to make her car payment for those three months. Its just little things like that! For once in my life I am proud of the company I work for. They are providing clean drinking water for poverty stricken nations thru the sales of Ethos water, they have raised the bar on what farmers are paid for their beans and have refused to buy when foreign governments try to take more than their fair share. I don't know how to explain it, it's a feeling I have never had before, a sense of loyalty to a company I just barely started working for. The atmosphere both as a customer and as an employee are amazing! From the first day I felt welcomed and as if I were a part of their little "family". The company truly does care about their employees.

2 comments:

Hadley Family said...

how refreshing.....

limonurse said...

I am so happy for you and your job. I have seen such a change in you since you started working. You are happier and your hubby appreciates more of all you do for him. I am so proud of you.